Saturday, November 7, 2009

PartnerCon 2009, New Orleans Photography Convention!!!

I would like to share with you my life and career changing experience!
This week I attended my first PartnerCon Photography conference, by Pictage. The conference was held in New Orleans, La, which is where I was born and raised! I wasn't sure what to expect when I got there. On the first day that I arrived, I was greeted by this neat little brass band. I was also "beaded" by a member of the pictage team. About a month ago, I was doing a google search for photographers around the country, looking at websites and blogs, and I came across a photographer named, Melissa Jill. I immediately fell in love with her clean, classic and documentary style. As I was looking at her gorgeous photos, I noticed that on her blog she had a spot for "photographers". I was like, hmmmmm wonder what that is. When I clicked on it, there was a ton of information for fellow photographers: what equipment she uses, her lenses, what programs and web galleries she uses.. I was BLOWN AWAY! I had never seen another photographer that wanted to freely share SO much information right there on their site! Looking through this info, I found that she used Pictage for her web galleries. I went to that site since I was interested in switching, and filled out the information form. Immediately, I was contacted by a member of the Pictage team and realized that I wasn't ready to make a monthly commitment to their company. Well, after their persistent phone calls, emails and information, I decided to go ahead and give it a try! (plus they were offering a killer deal!) After signing up, I was blown away by the services and products they offered. And not only did they offer service, but they also offered a way for photographers to connect as a community. Since there was so much to offer, I decided that I was going to use their photographer search to find my photographer for my family photos in a few weeks! (We are going to NOLA for Thanksgiving and wanted a French Quarter photo shoot!) This search led me to Cheyenne Bradfield! I fell in love with her work instantly and after reading her blog, I knew I wanted her to be our photographer! Cheyenne's other half is also a photographer. They share a studio in New Orleans! His name is Doug Keese with Artisan Style Photography. I contacted Cheyenne to set up our family shoot and asked her if they were going to be attending the conference. Of course, they were and I was so excited to meet them both! Once I received the schedule of seminars, I had to do some research to decide which talks I wanted to attend. This was not an easy choice! But a few photographers that caught my attention were, Jeff and Erin Youngren, Zach and Jody Gray, Jared Platt,  and Mike Colon. (And of Course, Melissa Jill!) I was very bummed that I only got a photo with a couple of them. I was too busy talking... Imagine that!!! :) These people were all amazing and I can't wait to see them again next year! Hopefully, I will attend a few of their workshops and get to see them earlier! :)
These people and this experience was amazing!! I met so many new people and made lifelong friends! All of this happened because of one person, Melissa Jill! Thank you Melissa for being so willing to be open and share with so many other photographers!!! You're the best! Here are a few, OK a TON, of photos from my trip!
Misty







The steeple outside of the nursing home that my grandmother is staying at. What a beautiful place!



My Nana! For those of you that know me personally, this is my grandmother that almost died about a month or so ago. She is 89 and such a strong woman to pull through! I was so happy to be able to see her because I wasn't sure if I would get to again.



I was SO LUCKY to be able to do a shooting workshop with the one and only, Mike Colon! He is a California based photographer who's work rocks my world! We had 4 (yes 4!!) high fashion models, decked out in Vera Wang and Louis Vuitton. What an experience! We walked through the French Quarter and found an incredible alley to shoot in. There were about 30 of us, so we split up into groups and took turns shooting the models. I was lucky to have Doug in my group!! :)
Check out these AMAZING shots I got. This is so different from what I shoot so it was soooo fun and exciting!!























































































Me and Mike Colon!



Some random city shots!













This is the St Louis Cathedral, where my wedding will be shot next June!



My Mommy!









Muriels in the French Quarter... Supposedly it's haunted! My Mom and I had lunch with Cheyenne and Doug here! The rehearsal is being held here next June! AWESOME!!!









Cheyenne, Doug and I! Love you guys! (Thanks Mom for taking the photo!!)


WOW! What an experience!!!

0 comments:

 
© A Misty Moment Photography
CoffeeShop Designs